There are a few steps involved
- Research - seriously, find out about driving and get a feel for who is involved - see our links pages and spend a bit of time confirming what you need to know and why.
- Who is involved? - Department of Transport (permits, licencing, testing); Money (yes it costs for permits/licences and lessons), Parents and family (they may assist with lessons and practice and funds), Driver Trainer (need a good one!); school/work - you may need time off to complete tests or lessons occasionally.
- Time - allocate specific time to have lessons in your diary and schedules (this is an important event). It is critical to practice your driving consistently to give yourself the best chance of learning these new skills well. Make sure you discuss with parents/family as you will need their assistance.
- Budget - who is paying for lessons and licences, make sure you allow enough funds and have them available to allow you regular training. Hint - don't skimp on lessons - look at the expense as an investment in your future - good drivers are at a very much lower risk of being involved in accidents! It's not about the car repairs either - insurance will cover much of that cost.... it is the Personal injury to you or someone else, time off work/uni for recovery that bites harder. The trauma of dealing with a potential serious injury or permanent disability or death to yourself, a family member or friend or even a third party that you don't know. Don't be scared but do be aware of the dangers and risks involved in driving a vehicle.
WA.GOV.AU - Motoring Services
Enjoy the Ride - Road Safety Council
Road Safety for Young Drivers
So what is the process?
When you start with us, we make an initial assessment to determine your current driving skills and road knowledge.
Our learn2drive plan is crafted around your needs and current skill level.
The drivestyle process!
Once you start with drivestyle your personal Trainer will then:
The drivestyle guarantee!
- Methodically teach you new skills while reinforcing prior knowledge all the way
- Provide open feedback at regular intervals for you and your parent / guardian
- Recommend skills to practice in your own time to help you progress faster
- Encourage you to grow your ability, confidence, awareness and style
- Arm you with the right skills and tips to beat the licence assessment test
- Guide you through your driver probation terms and offer free driving tips and advice
- Discuss options to upgrade your skills with our exclusive Excel - for New Drivers and X Factor Premium Road Skills training
Beat the Licence Assessment test!
With the proven drivestyle lesson plan, you can't go wrong! Here's the secret!
A simple 3 step learn2drive plan that meets & beats the driving assessment test.
Too easy you may be thinking - well maybe... but it works... We say "fail to plan and you plan to fail".
- Be on time, be professional, be honest, be friendly and very focused on you
- Provide a clean, late model car with air conditioning and dual pedal controls for your added safety and comfort
- Arrange convenient pick up and drop off locations wherever possible - preferably from your home, school or work
- Offer a range of lesson times/days to work with your schedules
- Ensure the Trainer's vehicle is comprehensively insured for the specific purpose of Driver Training!
- Be your driving mentor for life - a unique offer from drivestyle for you! Discuss any driving issues with your Trainer in the future (we don't dump you after you get your licence - we are there to assist you!)
If you invest some time, some money and complete the 3 step plan with us, you will get your Licence.